Lowcountry CARES is also a distribution partner of the Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank. Junior League provides diapers (all sizes) and baby wipes which are distributed to clients in need. In our 15 years of helping the community, we never had diapers to give moms in need. Thanks to the Junior League, we can hopefully help improve the quality of life for these little ones while helping their parents too.
Did you know?
- Diapers can cost average $936 a year in South Carolina, yet the average family income of people using WIC is $14,758.
- 13% of children under the age of 5 are SNAP recipients in South Carolina.
- 28% of infants are WIC recipients in South Carolina
- 1 in 3 women in the US suffer from diaper need.
- Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs
- Due to these needs, South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster proclaimed September 25- October 1, 2017 as Diaper Need Awareness Week.
For countless mothers, having enough diapers is a constant struggle. Without diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which may prevent parents from making an income. Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs, and without this financial assistance, babies are left in their diapers longer, leading to severe diaper rash that could lead to other medical problems.
For partnership information, visit ourlowcountry.com/our-partners.